You will need to be prepared to provide the following information in order to complete the online application:
- Household Composition: A family/household includes, but is not limited to, the following, regardless of actual or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, or marital status:
- A single person, who may be an elderly person, displaced person,
disabled person, near-elderly person, or any other single person; or
- A group of persons residing together, and such group includes, but
is not limited to:
Current & Previous Residence Information: Your current physical street address and mailing address if different; Phone Number; Emergency Contact or Message Phone; Present landlord’s name and phone number; Your previous residence address including: landlord name and phone number, date moved in and date moved out.
Household Income: List ALL family members listed in your household who receive or earn income. This includes wages, AFDC, Social Security Benefits, disability, child support, school grants or scholarships, self-employment, retirement, family or friend assistance, etc.
Household Assets: List ALL Financial Assets by you or any family member listed in your household including all banking and financial accounts (checking, savings, etc.) C.D.’s, Money Markets, Stocks, Bonds, financial interests, investments, property, homes etc. owned by family members.
Criminal Background Check: A criminal background check will be conducted on all adult applicants through the Blount County Sheriff Department. HUD prohibits Maryville Housing Authority from providing assisted housing to individuals who have engaged in drug related or violent criminal activity are on any sex offenders list or have been convicted of making meth. Arrests of a serious or repeated nature may result in denial of assistance. Failure to provide complete arrest information may result in denial of assistance for fraud. (Note: Finger Printing may be required for NCIC arrest verifications.)
Personal References: Please provide two (2) references not related to you or any member of your household, including their name, address, and phone number.
- A household with or without children (a child who is temporarily away from the home because of placement in foster care is considered a member of the household)
- An elderly family/household (Head , Spouse or Co-Head is age 62 or older)
- A near-elderly family/household; (55 or older)
- A disabled family/household (Head, Co-Head or Spouse who is currently disabled )
- A displaced family/household (Due to Local County or City Condemnation of property), and
- The remaining member of a tenant family/household
List yourself as Head and all members who will live in the assisted home. An adult member must have custody of all minors listed on this application. Each section must be completed before you can go to the next section. Race information is requested to comply with Equal Opportunity requirements to assure that no discrimination occurs. You will be required to provide date of birth, birth place (county & state), and social security number on all family members.
Intentional misrepresentation of family composition, income, present or past tenant history, family allowances and deductions, criminal history, or any other information affecting eligibility, will result in the family being declared ineligible. In the event the misrepresentation is discovered after the admission, the lease will be terminated for such misrepresentation. False statements of information are punishable under Federal and State law (T.C.A. section 39-14-104) and termination of tenancy. Title 18, Section 1001 of the United States Code, states that a person is guilty of a felony for knowingly and willingly making a false or fraudulent statement to any department or agency of the United States.